- Can create content for your brand. This is about creating material to show how great your service is. Which in return can help with your search engine optimization (SEO) – as having more content about your brand on the internet makes you rank higher on google which makes it easier for your brand to be found.
- Integration – can get your key messages out there in the world of social media
- Immediacy – travel bloggers publish content within weeks of the experience which provides real time marketing opportunities
- Online content lasts forever
- Trust – travel bloggers have built relationships with their readers, they trust their opinions and recommendations. They want the campaign to succeed as much as you do.
- It’s a form of publicity and can reach high levels of audience is done correctly
- Can provide pro longed exposure by posting months after the event
- It is important to work with a blogger that fits in with your brand and your objectives.
- Need to set expectations – tell the influencer what you want, is it realistic and can they actually deliver it
o How many tweets
o How many Instagram
o How many blog posts
o Before, during or after event
- Interact with blogger – it is good to work together
o Share and like tweets
o comment on posts
o Can create hashtags or giveaways to promote visit and coverage
o Use the material – share it on social media, put link on website