I’m about to go off to my first TBEX conference I am a bit nervous. It’s gonna be my chance to network with travel companies and also meet some amazing bloggers.
I really don’t know what to expect I have read past experiences and it’s a bit like marmite your either gonna love it or hate it I hope it’s the first.
My confidence is already being knocked when the companies are turning me down for the speed networking. I understand there are a lot of bloggers there and not enough time to meet everyone but it makes me think they must think I’m
sh#t not good enough.
I’m writing this as I think it will be interesting to see how I feel after the conference and also if I attend next year will I be less nervous and have more confidence as my blog has hopefully grown and I have a deeper understanding of travel blogging.
Have I prepared enough?
- I have my media kit ready
- I have questions and possible pitch ideas for the companies I am meeting at speed networking
- I have been following the other bloggers so have an idea about who posts what
- I have my business cards, notebook and pen
What I’m looking forward to
- Learning – anything I learn is going to be a bonus, blogging is a lot harder than I thought as there is so much to take in, you can’t learn it all overnight
- Meet some great companies – hopefully this will open up some opportunities or give me something to aim for in the future to then be able to work with larger brands
- Having a great time – there are three parties I can only make two but hopefully they are going to be a good experience
- Meeting experienced and new bloggers, sharing ideas and hopefully making some friends
- Discovering things about Stockholm
Well I’m about to leave in a couple of hours so look out for my post TBEX article and see what I got up and what I thought of the conference that is attended by hundreds of travel bloggers.